Skip to main content

Book Cover Release Fun!

Scrolling through all of my favorite blogs today, I noticed there were quite a few book cover reveals...they all look wonderful and I can't wait!

The Brown Bookshelf has a wonderful post about the Ruby and the Booker Boys series by Derrick Barnes. Tad P. Loves Ruby B. will be the fifth book in the series.


Entertainment Weekly posted the cover of Cassandra Claire's next novel, Clockwork Angel the first book in Clare’s new fantasy trilogy, The Infernal Devices, and her fourth novel to date. I was a big fan of her Mortal Instruments series, so I'm looking forward to this new series. 

Publishers Weekly announced the new cover for John Grisham's first book for kids (ages 8-12) Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer, which centers on a 13-year-old amateur attorney who gets involved in a murder trial. The book will be out May 25 and will have a million copy print run. My husband is a huge Grisham fan, so maybe I can get him to read it with me.


Publisher's Weekly also announced the covers of Cornelia Funke's next fantasy series, Reckless, set for worldwide release September 14. The cover images for the three simultaneously released editions due from Little, Brown (U.S), Chicken House (U.K.) and Dressler (Germany).

Scholastic announced the release of cover of the first book in the all-new graphic novel series of Captain Underpants, The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future, which will be out in August.

I've put all of these on my wish list for summer reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 for 10 Picturebook Event

Picturebooks. Who can resist them? Old and young alike, there's a picturebook for everyone. But, keeping up with the best of them can be daunting. That's why you might be interested in Cathy Mere and Mandy Robek's 10 for 10 Picturebook Event . In event hosts bloggers who have chosen 10 picture books s/he could not live without and wrote a post about the titles.  Each blogger puts her/his own spin on a collection. Last year (the first year for the event) there were over 400 "must have" picture books. There are so many ways to create this list. I could list 10 of my all time favorites or 10 new releases which I plan to use in my class this year. But, I've decided to focus on 10 new nonfiction books. Why? Because nonfiction is vastly overlooked in the classroom and because these new nonfiction picturebooks are amazing! The nonfiction titles I chose to include range in age/grade level appropriateness and also include both biography and informational tex...

"Testing the Ice" book giveaway

I would like to invite you to enter a book giveaway in celebration of the release of Testing the Ice by Sharon Robinson. Sharon, the daughter of baseball legend Jackie Robinson, has crafted a heartwarming, true story about growing up with her father. In the early 1950s, legendary baseball hero Jackie Robinson literally "tested the ice" for his kids who so eagerly wanted to skate on the frozen lake near their home. Under Sharon Robinson's skillful authorship and Kadir Nelson's vivid illustrations, Testing the Ice also becomes a stunning metaphor for her father's remarkable racial breakthrough. The book opens with Jackie Robinson's famous slide into home plate that won the seventh game in the world series, beating the New York Yankees and making the the Brooklyn Dodgers the world champions! Then the story transitions to the new home the Robinson's bought on a lake in Stamford, Connecticut. Told from Sharon Robinson's perspective, she and her two broth...